Thursday, June 4, 2009

Dinner and some tests


Please click here for my new blog

I usually do a different lunch than dinner each day. In Barbados I would eat just lunch and then have something light at night like crackers and tea. I find myself getting hungry around 7pm so I cook something else. For dinner tonight my husband was craving okras so I decided to get some and cook them lightly with salt, garlic,onions and homemade salsa and a tip of pepper sauce. It was very tasty and I even shocked myself. I rounded up the meal with some Italian sausages for extra protein.

I am still trying to make the perfect carrot cake. Thanks for the recipe you know who I mean. I will try to do it this weekend. I use to go to this cafe in the past and they would serve a warm carrot cake but it was hard on the outside and chewy on the inside almost muffin like. By accident I think I created some kind of carrot cake brownie which words cannot explain how good this was. I will add some coconut in next time and try a higher cake pan to see how it goes. Here are two photos from tonight's dinner. I have some cream cheese to make the topping but I am not into toppings. I like to eat my cakes naked:) but if I am doing cakes for others I would make a topping to please. Plus the extra calories from these topping my body cannot afford.

3 comments:

Rose said...

The only time I tried to make okra it turned out horrible! I guess I just don't know how to prepare it correctly.

Bianca said...

I adore okra! I can't wait til the fresh stuff comes in at our farmer's market. My favorite way to eat it is breaded and fried, but it's tasty simmered with tomatoes too. Or in a gumbo.

Cynthia said...

That okra looks really delicious.