Friday, July 18, 2008

Tay's Hummus


This is my favourite thing to eat nowadays
Chickpea spread

If you do not have a food processor do not continue because if you want creamy hummus it will not work in a blender or a potato masher

1 can of chickpeas ( I get mine in a brine which is not too salty because I have seen worse there is 360 mg salt in here) pour off brine water amateurs.
2 big tbs tahini ( get it at a health food or Asian shop)
1/4 cup lemon juice (I like to use more the more acid the better)
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 large clove garlic (or more if you wanna scare away people with your breath)
pinch of sea salt
1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil or more I like more I love to smell the oil in here)

Method
Place all ingredients in food processor except oil
Spin on low and gradually add in oil
Turn on high and blend until smooth like butter

Enjoy
Note: you can taste this and add more salt if you like it is to taste
Serve with crackers or pita bread

No comments: