Monday, May 4, 2009

Vegan Burger



HEY I MOVED MY BLOG CLICK HERE TO HEAD ON OVER TO VEGAN IN THE SUN

I have gotten lazy these past months and stop making my burgers from scratch but, those days are over. I have craving sometimes of something unhealthy and greasy and wrong in so many ways but when I look at my figure in the mirror I backtrack and I come to some middleground.


The middle ground is grilled tvp homemade burgers, homemade sugarfree wheat bread and 1 tbs of oil baked french fries.


Should I say more?


I usually use sweet potato instead because I know at least it gives me a little more than plain white potatoes.


The sweet potatoes at the supermarket look like if 20 horses ran through them so that was a big no no for me.


The bread was ok for me great for hubby.


I think I need to tweak that recipe a bit....I am thinking of using a flax egg and it needed some more gluten. I like my bread bouncy!


I remember I use to invite a few friends over in Barbados and I would serve this homemade Bajan vegan burger and sweet potato fries....now I just make this for me and hubby when we want junk food but do not want all the extra calories that come with it.


I tried to add some gluten flour in this burger and what a disaster.


I had to bake it out first to fully cook the gluten and then grill.


Cost me an extra 30 mins as I left all my binding agents in Barbados. I did use wholewheat breadcrumbs but I think it needed some flax meal or something to hold it together more. These burgers are soft in texture but full of flavour.

No comments: